3M (Muda, Mura, Muri)
First of all, thanks for visiting.
Now, below topics that are covering today.
- TYPES OF WASTE
- TYPES OF ACTIVITIES
- 7+1 FORMS OF MUDA.
- Postwar, demand was low and minimizing the cost per unit through economics of scale was inappropriate. This led to the development of demand led full systems.
- The Japanese could not afford the expansive mass production facilities of the type used in the U.S.A so they instead focused on reducing waste and low cost automation.
- Likewise, Toyota couldn't afford to maintain high inventory level.
- The Toyota production system was developed a time when Toyota needed to do more with less on flexible lines and reduce the time from order to delivery to get paid quickly.
- The emphasis was on reducing the timeline by eliminating anything that didn't add value to the product eliminating waste.
- Lean principle was an outcome of study of TPS (Toyota Production System).
TAICHI OHNO is founder of Toyota Production System.
He defined the 7 types of muda.
He says that, all we are doing is looking at timeline from the moment of customer gives us an order to the point, when we collect the cash,and we are reducing that timeline by removing the non value added wastage.
Originally, Toyota Production System was called "Just In Time” production system which is popularly known as a lean manufacturing process.
TYPES OF WASTE:There are 3 types of waste.
TYPES OF ACTIVITIES:
- Value added activity
- Non value added activity
1. Value added activity:
2. Non-value added activity:
- Necessary waste
- Pure waste
1. Necessary waste:
2. Pure waste:
7+1 FORMS OF MUDA:
- Non-utilized talent (New)
- Extra processing
1. Waste of Defect/Repair/Reject:
2. Waste of overproduction:
3. Waste of waiting:
4. Waste of non-utilized talent:
5. Waste of tranportation:
6. Waste of inventory:
7. Waste of motion:
8. Waste of extra processing:
2. MURA :
Unlevel workloads on people & machine.
3. MURI :
Some of related questions that help to improve your basic knowledge and you need to know.
- To know about Defect analysis
- What is Micrometer? Know about its constant.
- Discuss about vernier caliper?